AGORA : Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture
Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA) is an Internet based portal launched in 2003 by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to provide free or low cost access to scholarly literature to researchers and academics in developing countries.
- To increase access to high-quality, relevant literature in agriculture.
- To improve the quality and effectiveness of education and training.
- To improve food security.
- To improve research in agriculture and related sciences.
- More than 3000 major scientific journals.
- Full-text coverage from 1997 onward in most journals.
- Journals from 82 of the world's leading academic publishers.
Covers agriculture and related fields in biological, environmental and social sciences
- Animal Science
- Applied Microbiology
- Aquatic Science
- Natural Resources
- Pest Control
- Plant Science
- Plant Science
- Soil Science
- Food Science
Who can access AGORA:
Institutions in the public sector or with a not-for-profit status qualify for free access to the full-text articles in AGORA's online collection. To use AGORA User institutions must be registered and users must log in using institutional user name and password.
Features and facilities of AGORA :
- Browse the collection, like in a current periodical room: browse journal titles & publishers
- Explore a subject area: search for journals in a specific subject area
- Find a known citation: track down a citation if you have one
- Download full-text articles
- Use CAB Abstracts as a powerful tool for discovery: CAB covers about 80% of journals in AGORA
Apply typical copyright and fair use principles
- Download or print up to 15% of a journal issue or book
- material for research and educational purposes (course packs or reserves) only
- Make copies for institution members and other users
- Always credit sources
How to request information
We invite you to explore this facility we provide, and to take advantage of this valuable service that we offer.
Facilities are available to access the AGORA database at National Science Library and Resource Centre, National Science Foundation from Monday to Friday (8.30 am – 4.00 pm). Searching and downloading of information is free for research and educational purposes while a nominal fee will be charged for printouts.
Go to database
Please forward your request to